History

Eberhard's Dairy has been a family owned and operated business for 65 years.

1951

Eberhard’s Dairy Products was founded by Swiss immigrant Jack Eberhard. The dairy began as a Swift & Company cream buying station. Jack purchased farm separated cream from local farmers and sold it to the community, beginning his passion for developing local dairy products.

1953

We purchased our current building and expanded the cream buying station with butter. Once our butter churn was installed the Eberhard’s “Heart of Oregon” brand was established.

1955

Following the development of the brand we expanded: buying manufacture grade milk, separating it, and turning it into cream and butter in addition to non-fat dry milk.

1967

By January our dairy started processing milk, buttermilk, half & half, chocolate milk, whipping cream, sour cream, cottage cheese and ice cream to become a full line Processing Dairy.

1983

We used the “Heart of Oregon” label from 1953 to 1983, at that time we joined the Quality Chek’d Products Association and became “Eberhard’s Quality Chek’d” providing additional resources for purchasing, marketing and food safety programs.

2005

Eberhard’s Dairy made a formal commitment to sustainable dairy practices. We established the policy to purchase milk from farmers whose cows have no growth hormones.

2007

Moo Moo Belle was introduced as our company logo. You can spot her on our produce labels and even meet her in person at summer events around Central Oregon!

Present

Eberhard’s Dairy is currently co-owned and operated by 2nd generation Bob Eberhard and 3rd generation Mark Eberhard.

image